Saturday, February 5, 2011

Home without Samuel

I am home from the hospital, finally well enough to be back in my own bed and with Chris and the boys around me. Walking out of that hospital without my baby was among the more agonizing things I have ever done. Samuel is holding his own but has a very long road ahead of him. It will be months before we can bring him home if he is able to negotiate the rough waters ahead. For now, he is reasonably stable and in loving, knowledgeable hands at the Foothills NICU.

I will update this space more in the next day or so.
love
Corinne

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Your words are such a gift. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad you are home Corinne and are praying for that amazing little Samuel, defying the odds may be his forte'. Thinking of you all with love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thoughts, hugs, warmth, gladness, delight, light . . . so many words . . . yet not many enough to express to wonder of life and family. My heart is there . . . Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't imagine what this is like for you and Chris...You sound very strong...we're thinking of you...
    John, Elza, Natalie

    ReplyDelete