Thursday, February 3, 2011

He's here!!!

This morning I awoke to signs that something may be starting to happen with baby. Because of the many risk factors involved, I went in to hospital. I felt strangely calm but did pause to wonder if it was "actual" calm or maybe adrenaline, or just good coping. I'd been in a great deal of pain the past few days and could hardly walk. Suddenly the pain felt like nothing. It was replaced by feelings in my body and emotions in my being that I had no words for. I did not let myself contemplate that our baby was making an early appearance. But here he is.

Samuel Meir was born via c-section at 3:20 pm on Tuesday, February 1st. He was 6 and a half pounds and is sooo beautiful, but that is not enough to make the CDH all okay. He is currently in the NICU at Foothills Hospital where he is receiving intensive neonatal treatment. It is up and down. Please send prayers for peace and strength to him.

I am still recovering in hospital, just down the hall and around the corner from my son. You can bet I was sitting in that wheelchair just as soon as they let me so I could get to him!:) I am tired and sore but okay. I will update more when I am able.

Much love
Corinne

1 comment:

  1. My dear Corinne, Chris, boys and Samuel,
    My heart is with you and you are all with me. Love and hope and peace and light to all. Love, Gloria

    ReplyDelete