Saturday, February 11, 2012

Surgery update: Post-Script

Something I forgot in my surgery update post from this morning... If you are the praying sort, could you please send some love and strength to my big boys, Daniel, Zachary and Jacob. This is really hard on them and their stress is showing. When they went through the hospitalization last year, Samuel was pretty theoretical to them and they had the support of their grandparents. This year, they are really missing their much-loved little brother and their grandparents are in Arizona. Last night, Daniel called me at the hospital and said, "I miss my Sammy." Broke my heart a little.

It's tough and they didn't sign on for this. We are loving them up extra however we can. They have their really fabulous Daddy with them this morning and their beloved Aunty Maria stepping in too. I just don't want their super-amazing little selves to be forgotten while we focus on Sam.

5 comments:

  1. I'm praying for each and every one of you. May you all be home as a family asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your last post, thinking, "Man, what can I do to help. I want to help." Now I know what to do. I will pray for your boys...your big boys. That will be my job. I will pray for Sam too (that's a given). But I will pray X-tra for the big ones who have to be brave brothers.
    With love,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the praying type and have prayed for your family this past year. I will pray even more for the "boys" at home, as well as, precious Samuel and his Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel, Zachary and Jacob. I wish we could go play in the snow like we did at Christmas!! . . . . We think of you and want you to know you are loved . . . not forgotten, but loved a lot. hugs and kisses UJ & Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking and praying for you and all of your boys tonight.

    ReplyDelete