Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I had a great day with my boys today. Brunch. Homemade cards. Lots of love. And the present that I wanted - a baseball glove. Sounds odd, I know, but it was what I wanted as a symbol of being a mom to all boys. I haven't had a ball glove in years but it all came rushing back to me as I played catch out back gate in the sunshine. I want to make sure these boys know that their mom played ball, and can still play ball, and isn't going to just stay in the kitchen making cookies while they play hard with Daddy.

Daniel and Samuel came with me to the hospital this afternoon to drop off a little mother's day care for one of the ICU hero-moms. The memory of last mother's day -- of wanting nothing more than my family to all be together under one roof, of being super-ready to kick hospital life to the curb -- those memories were fresh as yesterday. But I got to walk out with my baby this time around.

Jacob and Samuel last Mother's Day.

Jacob and Samuel today.
(Don't worry that Samuel looks distressed. I think he's objecting to the plaid outfit.)
My four boys, wearing awesome (and deeply appropriate) Kaboom! Zap! Crash! Bam! tshirts from their NeeNee.

Hanging with my boys.
Happy Mother's Day. To my own fantastic and beautiful mom who I could not live without. To my aunties and cousins who I love. To my friends who walk this mama journey with me and teach me every day how to be better and stronger and smarter for my family. To all the warrior-love CDH mamas who deserve extra loving on this day.

And a Mother's Day thank you to the one big and four little men in my house who made me a mama. A blessed, happy mama.

2 comments:

  1. And a happy belated mother's day to you. You're an inspiration. Love UJ & M

    ReplyDelete