Monday, February 1, 2021

Ten.

And now he is ten. And there are untold stories in his journey because who the heck has time. A few months after the "two" entry, his oldest brother was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and our lives took another medical turn. And that settled down but four kids and two jobs and life is a lot. It didn't seem right to keep recording all of that here, in the space where Sam lived and grew.

Every birthday still feels reflective and emotional to me, but not in a bad way. This morning his brothers joked that when you go from single-digits to double-digits you go from being a baby to a young man. But then we decided he will keep being our baby. I am sure there is some psychological harm in that but we can't help it. 

Sam is amazing. He has had no more medical issues, surgeries or hospitalisations. He eats. He has two working lungs and a perfect heart. He is smart - mostly about the things that he really likes, such as species of animals that we've never heard of, every type and sub-type of Pokemon, and the date that each Super Mario game came out. He is hilarious. He talks a LOT and has a crazy good vocabulary (that may or may not include curse words). We all just try to keep up.  

Sam loves his people. He hates sleeping by himself. He loves jumping and ninja games. He hates anyone trying to tell him what to do. He loves camping. He hates being outside if it's too cold or too hot or too windy. He loves math. He hates school (which is why he is now homeschooled by his mum and Nana). He loves us. We love him back.

I am not going to pretend there hasn't been hard. There has been so much hard. Sam has a unique way of being. I want to help him be the very best version of himself, to bring his light to the world, to ease his challenges while not taking away the growing that emerges from them. I don't know how to get that right. I keep learning that I don't have to. He keeps teaching me. Plus, he makes me laugh every day and he is a top-notch snuggler.

Our boy who was supposed to live a few hours, or a few days, is a decade old. I am filled with gratitude. 











2 comments:

  1. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corinne,

    I was on a group earlier reading about people trying to adjust to the life of diagnoses/predictions/what will happen, what to expect for kids with CP. And I realized thinking back that one of the best things that happened for me, when I was still in my "worry" stage for my son even though he was long past critical stage, was reading how so many things had to go "right" for Samuel to be able to share his light. I remember the "other Corinne" sharing the link with me, and reading the whole blog from the beginning to get a sense of it all. He was probably only 1-2 at the time, as my son Jacob is 3 years older and I think he was around 5-6 when I read it.

    I'm glad to hear Samarama is still sharing his light and that he's a champion snuggler. My son has similar tendencies. He starts Grade 7 next week, a new school, nervous, but he wants to go to the school by himself on the city bus, doesn't want Mom or Dad to come or give him a ride. Double digits might not have triggered the "man" card for him, but I think Grade 7 might.

    Thanks for always sharing Sam's light...

    Paul

    ReplyDelete